Cultural Bias/Competence Training
Enhance the cultural competence, bias awareness, and health equity of your practice with two 1-hour workshops from Dr. Ruth Shoge, OD, MPH, FAAO.
OPW members are invited to join a FREE workshop on Cultural Bias/Competence Training. Non-members are welcome to register for a fee. This 2-hour CE workshop occurs over the course of two 1-hour sessions from 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm on October 19th and 26th. During this time, attendees have the opportunity to enhance their cultural competence, bias awareness, and health equity practices in optometry to ensure equitable and patient-centered care to diverse populations. Sign up today!
- Increased awareness of cultural competence, humility, and bias in optometric practice.
- Enhanced ability to provide patient-centered care to diverse populations.
- Improved communication skills for effective cross-cultural interactions.
- Strategies to identify and address biases in clinical decision-making.
- Socio-Cultural Identity, Bias Awareness, and Mitigation
- Cultural Competence and Humility
- Culturally Sensitive Communication
- Action Planning and Resources